The Impacts of COVID-19 on the Life Insurance Industry
If you are not an Academy member and this is your first time registering for an event with us, you’ll need to create an account before registering. Click here to get started.
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Group Registration for Academy Members: $250 (read the policy)
Complimentary registration is available to:
- Government regulators
- Academy volunteers who meet both the below conditions:
- “active” members of an Academy committee, board, subcommittee, task force, or work group; and
- qualified for either a partial or total dues waiver during 2021.
Contact Gwen Pegram at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a discount code to register.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
For more than a year, the COVID-19 pandemic has had immediate and potentially lasting effects on our economy and society. Many of its effects are still to be determined. The American Academy of Actuaries’ Life Practice Council is presenting a webinar to look at COVID-19’s impacts on the life insurance industry and explore the near- and longer-term effects on life insurance.
Experts in the insurance field will:
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on financial results;
- Explore COVID-19’s impact on mortality experience; and
- Explore possible impacts on life insurance operations including underwriting and pricing.
- Carmi Margalit, CFA
S&P Global Ratings
- Carolyn Covington, MAAA, ASA
SCOR Global Life Americas
- Catie Muccigrosso
Reinsurance Group of America (RGA)
- Taylor Pickett, MAAA, FSA
Reinsurance Group of America (RGA)
- Nancy Bennett, MAAA, FSA, CERA
Senior Life Fellow, American Academy of Actuaries
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
- The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx etc.) of your company’s choosing. Audio must be streamed via the web—phone connections for the group are not provided.
- Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to email@example.com. Failure to submit this list will result in no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
- Check out the Academy’s frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the new webinar signup process, group registration, and more.
- For technical support, please contact BlueSky customer support at 888-705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For other information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.