By visiting our Website or providing your information to us, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
If you have an inquiry or concern about our Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The information we collect generally falls into two categories: (1) personally identifiable information (“PII”) that you voluntarily provide to us, and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through the website (“Non-PII”).
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
PII is information that identifies you. Among other items, we may collect your name, title, employer name, and email address. We collect this information only when you choose to provide it
to us. For example, we may collect and store your PII if you decide to sign up to receive emails about the regular updates to this Website or apply to be a member of the Academy. We use this information to process your request and provide member services.
Non-PII is information that our technology collects, without identifying you. When you use the Website, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your internet service provider, and pages visited on the Website. We collect this information for aggregate reporting on Website activity and for identifying possible sources of Website abuse. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on the Website or which pages or features get the most attention.
When we collect this information, we endeavor to make any personally identifiable information non-personally identifiable by combining it with information about other individuals or by removing characteristics that make the information personally identifiable to you. The Academy reserves the right to share with third parties aggregated information about you and other visitors to our Website. We share this information in order to improve our Website and develop content and services that may be of interest to you.
The Academy may share non-PII with business partners or other third parties with the same focus on improvement of services and access to relevant programs and benefits.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your PII with third parties for the purposes of conducting Academy operations, delivering, improving, and customizing our member services, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent. We may share your personal information in variety of ways, including but not limited to the below:
- All Academy members are listed in the Academy’s online membership directory. You may limit the information available in the Academy’s online membership directory; however, at a minimum, the Directory will include your name and Academy membership designation and your join/reinstatement date. Unless you specifically opt out of the Academy’s directory showing your email address, it will also be included in the public directory. Academy members can designate other information they would like to show in the Academy’s directory by updating their Academy membership profile in the Member Only section of the Academy’s website.
- We may share information about your Academy membership with other U.S. based actuarial organizations and may disclose limited personal data to other actuarial organizations affiliated with you if they have a reasonable interest in the information. We may also disclose information about your membership status to third parties, including employers and prospective employers, upon request.
- We may share your personal information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number) when you visit this website.
- Log Information. When you visit this Website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs or in your browser. This may include: details of how you used our Website, such as your search queries and content you accessed; your internet protocol address; device and event information such as hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Transactional Information. When you perform an online transaction, we may store information in your browser required to complete the transaction such as a session identifier.
This website does not currently implement any third-party cookies. You can choose to disable cookies. Allowing cookies will provide a user with the best possible experience on this Website. If you choose to disable cookies, certain sections of the website may not work properly. If you use different devices to view and access this Website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you will need to ensure that the browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
OPT OUT OR CHANGE INFORMATION
If you do not want to receive certain emails from us, you may opt out by adjusting your member profile in the membership section of the Website. However, if you are a member of the Academy, the Academy retains the right to communicate with you for other purposes related to your membership and/or transactions initiated by you, such as renewal of your membership and votes submitted to the membership for approval via email or other electronic means.
If you need to review, change, or update your personal information, you can do so by adjusting your member profile in the Member Only section of the Website.
Due to production and system timelines, it may take some time to process a request to unsubscribe from our newsletters.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The Website has industry-standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security”
on the internet, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Website may also contain links to other third-party websites that are not under our control. These websites may have their own policies or no policies at all regarding privacy. You should review these policies before providing information to them. We have no responsibility for linked websites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our Website visitors.