How to Read an ASOP—and Other Nuggets from ASOP No. 1
If you are not an Academy member and this is your first time registering for an event with us, you’ll need to create an account before registering. Click here to get started.
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Student Rate: $5 (Click here to register.)
Available to undergraduate or graduate students who are not credentialed actuaries. You will need to register with your .edu email address
- Group Registration: $250 (read the policy)
Eligible Academy volunteers and government regulators are invited to attend free of charge. If you are an Academy volunteer, you are eligible if you are a member of an Academy committee (including boards, committees, subcommittees, work groups, task forces, etc.) and also are qualified for either a partial or total dues waiver during 2021. Contact Doreen Hoyle at Profwebcast@actuary.org to register.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Actuarial Standard of Practice (ASOP) No. 1, Introductory Actuarial Standard of Practice, contains a wealth of information critical to interpreting the ASOPs correctly. From professional judgment to the intricacies of “should,” “should consider,” and “may,” ASOP No. 1 explains concepts important to your work as an actuary. Join us to hear Actuarial Standards Board (ASB) Chairperson Darrell Knapp, along with ASB members Kevin Dyke and Cande Olsen, discuss aspects of this often-overlooked ASOP that every practicing actuary should know.
Darrell Knapp, MAAA, FSA
Chairperson, Actuarial Standards Board
Kevin Dyke, MAAA, FCAS
Member, Actuarial Standards Board
Cande Olsen, MAAA, FSA
Member, Actuarial Standards Board
Academy General Counsel and Director of Professionalism
The opinions expressed by the panelists during this presentation do not necessarily represent the opinions of any of the panelists’ employers or any boards or committees of the Academy.
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND JBEA CPE CREDIT
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 organized and professionalism continuing education (CE) credits for attending this live webinar.
We also believe in good faith that Enrolled Actuaries may earn up to 1.8 continuing professional education (CPE) core ethics credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this live webinar. However, the JBEA ultimately determines what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics continuing education and the number of CPE credit hours allocated to same for Enrolled Actuaries.
Please note recent updates to the process for requesting a Certificate of Attendance that were requested by the JBEA. Make sure to review these changes carefully to ensure you are eligible to request and receive your Certificate of Attendance for any Academy webinar.
- All EAs who want to receive a Certificate of Attendance must be registered either as an individual attendee or listed as part of a group registration and must submit their request within two business days of the event. You are still required to attest to your actual attendance for the full webinar in order to receive full JBEA credit.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
- The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx, etc.)* of your company’s choosing. Audio must be streamed via the web—phone connections for the group are not provided.
- Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit this list will result in you no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
- For webinars offering CPE: Please note that any Enrolled Actuaries who plan to request and receive an individual JBEA CPE Certificate of Attendance must have their names on this list. This was requested by the JBEA in order to verify attendance for those requesting certificates. We will be unable to verify your attendance, as requested by the JBEA, if your name is not on this list. You must attend the entire webinar in order to receive full JBEA credit.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
Check out the Academy’s frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the new webinar signup process, group registration, and more.
For technical support, please contact BlueSky customer support at 888-705-6002 or email@example.com.
For other information about this webinar, contact Doreen Hoyle at Profwebcast@actuary.org.