P/C Public Policy Update
P/C Public Policy Update
Thursday, Jan. 14, 2021 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EST | USQS CE Eligible
Slides and audio are now available. To view them, log in to your Academy member account.
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Government regulators are invited free of charge. Email Gwen Pegram at email@example.com to receive a discount code to register.
Group Registration for Academy Members: $250 (read the policy)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Hear the latest updates on property/casualty (P/C) public policy developments and prospects on those issues for 2021 at the state and federal levels and the Academy’s work in those areas during this webinar. Speakers cover:
- Updates on the ongoing dialogue about race and insurance at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the National Council of Insurance Legislators (NCOIL);
- A look at the NAIC white paper, Best Practices in Regulatory Review of Predictive Models;
- Insights on legislative proposals regarding pandemic risk coverage in business interruption insurance;
- COVID-19 and its impacts on auto insurance; and
- COVID-19 FAQs for P/C financial reporting.
Rich Gibson, MAAA, FCAS
Senior Casualty Fellow, American Academy of Actuaries
Greg Frankowiak, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Automobile Insurance Committee
Kathy Odomirok, MAAA, FCAS
Former Chairperson, Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting
Lauren Cavanaugh, MAAA, FCAS
Vice President, Casualty
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to our members. The registrant must be an Academy member and must provide the names and email addresses on behalf of the employer of all attendees by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org using this template. Attendee names must be submitted within 24 hours of the webinar. Please make sure to specify which webinar your group is planning to attend. Failure to submit attendee names will result in no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
The registrant will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar. You can then use a platform of your company’s choosing (Zoom, WebEx etc.)* to stream the live event to remote attendees. The registrant is also responsible for making this live webinar presentation accessible to group attendees, who must be employees of the same company. There are no phone connections provided by the Academy with this registration—audio will be streamed via the web.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
- Check out the Academy’s frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the new webinar signup process, group registration, and more.
- For technical support, please contact BlueSky customer support at 888-705-6002 or email@example.com.
- For other information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at firstname.lastname@example.org.