ACA Rate Filing and Risk Adjustment in the Time of COVID-19: A Discussion With Federal and State Regulators
ACA Rate Filing and Risk Adjustment in the Time of COVID-19: A Discussion with Federal and State Regulators
May 18, 2020 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EDT | CE available
Audio for this webinar is now available. To view, log in to your Academy member account.
- Members: $35
Don’t forget to log-in to get your member rate.
- Nonmembers: $100
Don’t have an account yet? Sign up here.
- Government regulators are invited free of charge. Contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com to receive a discount code to register.
Group Registration: $250 (read the details)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Our speakers discuss the potential effects of the coronavirus pandemic and the prospective impact of COVID-19 on 2021 rate filings, as well as 2020 reporting requirements and risk adjustment issues for individual and small group plans.
Speakers also discuss the final Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters (NBPP) for 2021, which was released on May 7 by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The guidance contains several provisions that insurers can use as blueprints for health plan innovation.
CMS provided insurers a one-week extension for the Qualified Health Plan (QHP) certification and rate review timeline in order to allow for additional time to assess the impacts of COVID-19 on health care utilization and expenditures. These dates include:
- Final rate filings that contain a QHP in the Health Insurance Oversight System Unified Rate Review (HIOS URR) states with Exchanges that utilize the Healthcare.gov platform are due on August 26, 2020.
- Final rate filings that contain a QHP to both CMS and the state for states with a state-based Exchange that does not use the Healthcare.gov platform are due on October 15, 2020.
- Final rate filings that only contain non-QHPs in the HIOS URR are due on October 15, 2020.
The NBPP includes several changes to provisions including drug manufacturer coupons, special enrollment periods, tax credit allocation, and value-based design plans.
David Shea, MAAA, FSA
Former Vice President, Academy Health Practice
Health Actuary, Virginia Bureau of Insurance
Director, Office of Special Initiatives and Pricing, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO)
Health Insurance Specialist, CCIIO
Cori Uccello, MAAA, FSA, FCA, MPP
Senior Health Fellow, American Academy of Actuaries
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
Check out the Academy’s frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the new webinar signup process, group registration, and more.
For technical support, please contact BlueSky customer support at 888-705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations for our webinars. The registrant must be an Academy member. The registrant will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar. You can then use a platform of your company’s choosing (Zoom, WebEx etc.)* to stream the live event to remote attendees. The registrant is also responsible for making this live webinar presentation accessible to group attendees, who must be employees of the same company. There are no phone connections provided by the Academy with this registration—audio will be streamed via the web.
The registrant must provide the names and email addresses on behalf of the employer of all intended attendees by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. An Excel spreadsheet is preferred. Attendee names will only be accepted up to 24 hours before the start of the webinar. Please make sure to specify which webinar your group is planning to attend.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.