Assets: Regulatory Updates in Life Insurance
April 4, 2023 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EDT | USQS CE Available
- Members: $55
- Nonmembers: $110
- Group Registration for Academy Members: $500 (read the policy)
- Complimentary registration is available to the following cohorts of Academy members. Contact email@example.com to receive a discount code to register.
- Government regulators
- Academy volunteers who meet both the below conditions:
- “active” members of an Academy committee, board, subcommittee, task force, or work group; and
- qualified for either a partial or full dues waiver during 2023.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Stay current on regulatory developments relevant to your actuarial practice. This webinar will focus on assets—both their risks and how regulators are responding to those risks in new regulations, including statutory accounting, reporting, designations, and capital requirements.
Our speakers will share what you need to know about the latest regulatory activities, including:
- Regulatory concerns;
- Statutory accounting;
- Designation of assets based on risk, with updates on activities from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ (NAIC’s) Valuation of Securities (E) Task Force and Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group; and
- Capital requirements, with updates on activities from NAIC’s Risk-Based Capital Investment Risk and Evaluation Working Group.
Time will be available for questions from the audience.
- Philip Barlow, MAAA, FSA
Associate Commissioner, D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities & Banking
Chair, Risk-Based Capital Investment Risk and Evaluation (E) Working Group, NAIC
- Carrie Mears
Chief Investment Specialist, Iowa Insurance Division
Chair, Valuation of Securities (E) Task Force, NAIC
- Dale Bruggeman
Chief, Risk Assessment Policy and Development, Foreign Analysis, and Administration, Ohio Department of Insurance
Chair, Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group, NAIC
- Nancy Bennett, MAAA, FSA, CERA
Senior Life Fellow, American Academy of Actuaries
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 organized continuing education (CE) credits for attending this live webinar.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our webinar policies, including group registration.