Capital Market Outlook—What to Expect After 2022's Roller-Coaster Ride
Dec. 6 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EST | USQS CE and JBEA CPE Available
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Group Registration for Academy Members: $250 (read the policy)
- Complimentary registration is available to the following groups. Contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com to receive a discount code to register.
- Government regulators
- Academy volunteers who meet both the below conditions:
- “active” members of an Academy committee, board, subcommittee, task force, or work group; and
- qualified for either a partial or total dues waiver during 2022.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
The year started with historically low interest rates and historically high capital market pricing. Over time, a narrative had developed to explain this—perhaps this was the "new normal." Then an inflation spike changed that narrative. The Federal Reserve responded by raising rates and tightening the money supply, with expected impacts on both capital markets and the economy.
How will this latest chapter play out? What should we expect for the economy, interest rates and returns going forward? And looking to the longer term—have the fundamental dynamics of our macro-economy changed forever?
This webinar is intended to support pension actuaries with responsibility for setting and assessing economic assumptions. It will provide an analysis of current capital market conditions in the context of historical trends, and offer insights into the implications for economic projections and impact on retirement plans going forward.
- Jerry Mingione, MAAA, FSA, EA
- Evan Inglis, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA
Maria E. Moliterno, MAAA, ASA, EA
Member, Pension Committee
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
We also believe in good faith that Enrolled Actuaries may earn up to 1.8 continuing professional education (CPE) non-core credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this live webinar. However, the JBEA ultimately determines what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics continuing education and the number of CPE credit hours allocated to same for Enrolled Actuaries.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx etc.) of your company’s choosing. Audio is streamed via the web.
Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit this list will result in no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.