2022 Update to the P/C Risk Transfer Practice Note
Oct. 25, 2022 | 12:30 to 2 p.m. EDT | USQS CE Available
Slides and audio are now available. To view them, log in to your Academy member account.
The Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting (COPLFR) is releasing an updated Risk Transfer Practice Note (first published in 2007). During this webinar, join Academy members who will provide an overview of the changes made. There will be time for questions and answers.
Topics in the new practice note include:
- Definitions and relationships between regulatory treatments of risk transfer, e.g., U.S. statutory, U.S. GAAP, IFRS 4 and IFRS 17, and Solvency II
- The process for determination of risk transfer;
- Current techniques used in practice for determining risk transfer; and
- Risk Transfer documentation.
- Ernest Wilson, MAAA, FCAS
Member, Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting
- Eduardo Esteva Fischer, MAAA
- Derek Freihaut, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx etc.) of your company’s choosing. Audio is streamed via the web.
Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to email@example.com. Failure to submit this list will result in no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at firstname.lastname@example.org.