Cover Your Assets: The Changing Asset Profile of Insurers and Implications for Actuaries
September 28, 2022 | 12:30 to 2 p.m. EDT | USQS CE Available
Slides and audio are now available. To view them, log in to your Academy member account.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Attendees learned from members of the Academy’s Risk Management and Financial Reporting Council and Life Practice Council about the changes in the current environment that are resulting in more and more complex securities on the balance sheets of life insurers, the types of risks that these assets bring, and approaches actuaries can use to quantify those risks. Topics covered during this webinar included:
- Why insurers are investing in more complex assets;
- Details of what those complex assets are and how they are modeled;
- Benefits and risks associated with the assets; and
- Approaches for modeling them in an asset-liability model
Speakers touched on the new requirements for reporting related to these complex assets as outlined in Actuarial Guideline LIII, which becomes effective at year end 2022.
- Benjamin Slutsker, MAAA, FSA
Vice President, Life
- Edward Toy
- Stephen Smith, MAAA, FSA
Member, Asset Modeling and Reporting Task Force
- Tricia Matson, MAAA, FSA
Chairperson, Prudential Regulation Committee
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx etc.) of your company’s choosing. Audio is streamed via the web.
Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit this list will result in no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.