Discussion of Variable Annuity Plans Practice Note
Sept. 13, 2022 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EDT | USQS CE and JBEA CPE Eligible
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Group Registration for Academy Members: $250 (read the policy)
- Complimentary registration is available to the following groups. Contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com to receive a discount code to register.
- Government regulators
- Academy volunteers who meet both the below conditions:
- “active” members of an Academy committee, board, subcommittee, task force, or work group; and
- qualified for either a partial or total dues waiver during 2022.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar will review the Variable Annuity Plans Practice Note published in 2019 which is relevant for private, multiemployer and public defined benefit (DB) pension plans that contain variable annuities. Current and emerging practices for measuring obligations of DB plans that include variable annuity benefits will be discussed, including the determination of lump sum payments. A wide variety of variable annuity benefit features will be addressed. Attendees will learn about the issues that actuaries may consider when setting assumptions or providing advice for setting assumptions for funding and financial accounting and how Actuarial Standards of Practice (ASOPs) apply.
- Bruce Cadenhead, MAAA, FSA, EA, FCA
Former Chairperson, Pension Committee
- Lloyd Katz, MAAA, FSA, EA, FCA
Member, Pension Committee
- Rachel Barnes, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA, CERA, Ph.D.
Member, Pension Committee
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND JBEA CPE CREDIT
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 organized continuing education (CE) credits for attending this live webinar.
We also believe in good faith that Enrolled Actuaries may earn up to 1.8 continuing professional education (CPE) credits with a split between core (75%) and non-core (25%) under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this live webinar. However, the JBEA ultimately determines what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics continuing education and the number of CPE credit hours allocated to same for Enrolled Actuaries.
Please note recent updates to the process for requesting a Certificate of Attendance that were requested by the JBEA. Make sure to review these changes carefully to ensure you are eligible to request and receive your Certificate of Attendance for any Academy webinar.
- All EAs who want to receive a Certificate of Attendance must be registered either as an individual attendee or listed as part of a group registration and must submit their request within two business days of the event. You are still required to attest to your actual attendance for the full webinar in order to receive full JBEA credit.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
- The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx, etc.)* of your company’s choosing.
- Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit this list will result in you no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
- For webinars offering CPE: Please note that any Enrolled Actuaries who plan to request and receive an individual JBEA CPE Certificate of Attendance must have their names on this list. The group registration template also includes a statement for the lead registrant to use to verify attendance for those names on the list. This was requested by the JBEA in order to verify attendance for those requesting certificates. We will be unable to verify your attendance, as requested by the JBEA, if your name is not on this list. You must attend the entire webinar in order to receive full JBEA credit.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.