Insurance-Linked Securities and Catastrophe Bonds
August 2, 2022 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EDT | USQS CE Available
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Group Registration for Academy Members: $250 (read the policy)
- Complimentary registration is available to the following groups. Contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com to receive a discount code to register.
- Government regulators
- Academy volunteers who meet both the below conditions:
- “active” members of an Academy committee, board, subcommittee, task force, or work group; and
- qualified for either a partial or total dues waiver during 2022.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Catastrophe (cat) bonds are a subset of insurance-linked securities (ILS), which are debt-like investment instruments providing risk coverage to reinsurance and self-insurance entities. Join members of the American Academy of Actuaries’ P/C Extreme Events and Property Lines Committee for a webinar that will feature a discussion of the recently released public policy issue paper, Insurance-Linked Securities and Catastrophe Bonds. Speakers will provide an overview of cat bonds and ILS, including the growth of the market, and how they are utilized by insurers, self-insureds, and investors.
- Jeri Xu, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, P/C Extreme Events and Property Lines Committee
- Ralph Blanchard, MAAA, FCAS
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx etc.) of your company’s choosing. Audio is streamed via the web.
Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit this list will result in no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.