CCIIO Overview of the HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2023 Final Rule & Associated Materials
May 13, 2022| Noon to 1 p.m. EDT | USQS CE Available
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Group Registration for Academy Members: $250 (read the policy)
- Complimentary registration is available to the following groups. Contact Gwen Pegram at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a discount code to register.
- Government regulators
- Academy volunteers who meet both the below conditions:
- “active” members of an Academy committee, board, subcommittee, task force, or work group; and
- qualified for either a partial or total dues waiver during 2022.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released the 2023 Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameter Rule as well as other materials, including the 2023 Final actuarial value (AV) calculator, letter to issuers, and Quality Rating Informational Bulletin. The final rule and associated materials pertain to various aspects of health insurance in the individual and small group markets.
Hear an overview of the final rule, AV calculator, and other associated materials during this webinar, which will feature subject matter experts from the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO). Time will be allotted for questions and answers.
Have a question you’d like to submit in advance? Send it to email@example.com
Rog McLean, Senior Advisor, Front Office, CCIIO
Barbra Varnhagen, Health Insurance Specialist, Oversight Group, CCIIO
Nikolas Berkobien, Program Analyst, Marketplace Plan Management Group, CCIIO
Varun Pandya, Statistician, Marketplace Plan Management Group, CCIIO
Whitney Allen, Social Science Research Analyst, Marketplace Plan Management Group, CCIIO
John Barfield, Management Analyst, Payment Policy & Financial Management Group, CCIIO
Katherine Bentley, Social Science Research Analyst, Marketplace Eligibility & Enrollment, CCIIO
Brent Plemons, Director, Office of Special Initiatives and Pricing, CCIIO
Lee Resnick, Statistician, Front Office, CCIIO
- Joyce Bohl, MAAA, ASA
Chairperson, Individual and Small Group Markets Committee, American Academy of Actuaries
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.2 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx etc.) of your company’s choosing. Audio is streamed via the web.
Within one business day of the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit this list will result in no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.