P/C Public Policy Update–Spring 2020
Slides and audio are now available. To view them, log in to your Academy member account.
April 23, 2020 | 2-3:30 p.m. EDT | CE available
Academy members no longer need to enter a discount code when registering for webinars. Simply enter your Academy username and password to receive your member rate. Make sure to complete your registration by logging into BlueSky to confirm your sign-up—you’ll receive a reminder to do so after registering on the Academy website.
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Government Regulators are invited free of charge. Contact Gwen Pegram at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Group Registration: $250
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations for our webinars. The registrant must be an Academy member. The registrant will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar. You can then use a platform of your company’s choosing (Zoom, WebEx etc.)* to stream the live event to remote attendees. The registrant is also responsible for making this live webinar presentation accessible to group attendees, who must be employees of the same company. There are no phone connections provided by the Academy with this registration—audio will be streamed via the web. Group registration provides the registrant with information on how to access the live webinar online using computer audio, and a PDF of the presentation.
The registrant must provide the names and email addresses on behalf of the employer of all intended attendees by emailing email@example.com. Attendee names will only be accepted up to 24 hours before the start of the webinar. Please make sure to specify which webinar your group is planning to attend.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Learn about the latest updates on P/C public policy activities at the state and federal levels. Our speakers discuss:
- The impact of the coronavirus on P/C lines;
- Discussion of legislation affecting coverage of pandemic viruses;
- Updates on federal legislation, including the reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program and the extension of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act; and
- A discussion on wildfires, and the latest on the Actuaries Climate Index and the Actuaries Climate Risk Index.
- Lisa Slotznick, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Casualty Practice Council
- Greg Frankowiak, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Automobile Insurance Committee
- Dave Heppen, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Workers Compensation Committee
- Susan Forray, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Medical Professional Liability Committee
- Kathy Odomirok, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting
- Rich Gibson, MAAA, FCAS
Senior Casualty Fellow, American Academy of Actuaries
- Jeri Xu, MAAA, ACAS
Vice Chairperson, Extreme Events and Property Lines Committee
- Steve Jackson, Ph.D.
Assistant Director for Research (Public Policy), American Academy of Actuaries
- Daniel Roth, MAAA, FCAS
Former Chairperson, Travel Insurance Task Force
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
For technical support, please contact BlueSky customer support at 888-705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at email@example.com.