Retirement Plan Coverage in America: Today’s Realities and Tomorrow’s
Retirement Plan Coverage in America: Today’s Realities and Tomorrow’s Prospects
Slides and audio for the entire series is now available. To view them, log in to your Academy member account.
“Retirement Plan Coverage in America: Today’s Realities and Tomorrow’s Prospects” is a three-part webinar series from the Academy’s Pension Practice Council. The series focused on the current state of the retirement system where just over half of all American workers are participating in employer-sponsored plans. Plan coverage and financial status data was presented, as well as general background on how these plans are operated and funded and the governance structures under which they operate. Recent public policy proposals and actions were also discussed.
WEBINARS IN THIS SERIES:
Part One: Focus on Multiemployer Plans
March 24, 2020
- Speakers: Christian Benjaminson, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA, Chairperson, Multiemployer Plans Committee; Joe Hicks, MAAA, FCA, EA, MSPA, Vice Chairperson, Multiemployer Plans Committee; and Susan Boyle, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA, Member, Multiemployer Plans Committee
Part Two: Focus on Public Pension Plans
April 23, 2020
- Speakers: Sherry S. Chan, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA, Vice Chairperson, Pension Practice Council, Chairperson, Public Plans Committee; Randall Dziubek, MAAA, ASA, EA, Deputy Chief Actuary – Valuation Services, California Public Employees’ Retirement System; Todd Tauzer, MAAA, FSA, FCA, CERA, Vice Chairperson, Public Plans Committee; and Elizabeth Wiley, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA
Part Three: Focus on Private Sector Plans, State Programs and Opportunities to Expand Coverage
May 27, 2020
- Speakers: Tim Geddes, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA, Vice President, Pension, Rob Austin, FSA, Vice President, Head of Research Wealth Solutions & Strategy, Alight, Angela Antonelli, Research Professor and Executive Director, Center for Retirement Initiatives, Georgetown University, J. Mark Iwry, Nonresident Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution, Visiting Scholar at the Wharton School, Former Senior Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND JBEA CPE CREDIT.
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constituted an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
We also believe in good faith that Enrolled Actuaries may earn 1.8 continuing professional education (CPE) non-core, non-ethics credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this live webinar. However, the JBEA ultimately determines what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics continuing education and the number of CPE credit hours allocated to same for Enrolled Actuaries.
NOTE ON JBEA CE CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
You will not be able to receive a certificate of attendance for listening to any recorded webinars. In order to receive a JBEA CE Certificate of Attendance you must attend the live event, follow the instructions provided during the live event, and request your certificate by completing the online form within 30 days of attending the live event.
To constitute formal CE under the JBEA regulations, there must be three (3) or more people involved in substantive pension services physically present at your webinar location. Please note that this JBEA requirement has not changed during this time of social distancing: there must be at least two other people involved in substantive pension services physically present with you at the same webinar location--virtual connection will not satisfy this JBEA requirement. Actuaries unable to meet this JBEA requirement due to the global outbreak of coronavirus will receive non-formal credit
- For technical support, please contact BlueSky customer support at 888-705-6002 or email@example.com.
- For more information about this webinar, contact Gwen Pegram at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-223-8196.