Attendees will hear up-to-the-minute information about top public policy issues during our practice-specific breakout sessions. Topics to be covered in-depth this year include:
- Public Plans: Experts will explore current issues surrounding public plans, drawing from the Academy’s recent issue paper, “Expanding Access to Public Insurance Plans.”
- Long-Term Care: This session will discuss the latest developments with long-term care.
- Updates from CCIIO: Representatives from the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) will provide the latest on the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Macroprudential Issues: This session will dive into macroprudential issues, covering topics such as liquidity stress testing.
- Combination Products: Speakers will discuss recent developments around combination products.
- Modeling and New Data Sources: This session will cover the latest in modeling and new data sources, including a look at underwriting and the actuary.
- Climate Risk: This session will explore the Actuaries Climate Risk Index (ACRI), provide an update on flood insurance legislation, and other top issues.
- Automobile Insurance: Speakers will discuss predictive modeling, non-driver risk factors, and other topics.
- Cyber Risk: Experts will discuss the latest developments around cyber risk.
- ERISA Retrospective: Speakers will provide a look at the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974.
- Public Plans Innovations and Plan Designs: This session will highlight the latest in public plans.
- Retirement Security Issues Facing Women: Experts will explore these issues and latest developments.