Webinar: The Relationship Between Medicare and Private Insurance Provider Payment Rates
Feb. 21, 2013
Noon–1:00 p.m. Eastern
The Academy’s Health Practice Council presented a webinar that provided health actuaries with information on the relationship between Medicare provider payment rates and those for private insurance. This information is important for understanding how any changes in Medicare provider payment rates could affect private plans. Projecting the effects of moving Medicare to a premium support program also requires the consideration of this key issue.
- The relationship between Medicare and private insurance provider payment rates and the extent of cost shifting from Medicare to private plans
- The impact of local market dynamics and market power on provider payment rates
- The relationship between provider payment rates and input costs
- Jeff Stensland, Ph.D., Principal Policy Analyst
- Cori Uccello, FSA, MAAA, MPP, Senior Health Fellow
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that your attendance at this live webinar, “The Relationship Between Medicare and Private Insurance Provider Payment Rates,” may constitute an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States depending upon your area of practice. Under these Qualification Standards, an hour of continuing education is defined as 50 minutes, and fractions of an hour may be counted.