P/C Post-NAIC Update – Summer 2016
This webinar was exclusively dedicated to reviewing property and casualty issues discussed at the NAIC Summer 2016 National Meeting. The webinar reviewed discussions of top P/C issues, including an account of the Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force and other key meetings.
This event provided a timely summary of NAIC and related Academy activity on issues such as automobile insurance, climate change, and the sharing economy. In addition, the webinar covered Big Data and price optimization activity.
- Kris DeFrain, MAAA, FCAS, CPCU
Director, Research and Actuarial, NAIC
- Jim MacGinnitie, MAAA, FCAS, FSA
Academy Senior Casualty Fellow
- Lisa Slotznick, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting (COPLFR)
- Shawna Ackerman, MAAA, FCAS
Vice President, Casualty Practice Council
- Members: The registration fee was $50 for Academy members.
- Nonmembers: The registration fee was $100 for nonmembers.
- Regulators and Academy volunteers were invited free of charge.
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that your attendance at this live webinar may constitute an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States depending on your area of practice. Under these Qualification Standards, an hour of continuing education is defined as 50 minutes, and fractions of an hour may be counted.