Slides and audio are now available. To view them, log in to your Academy member account.
P/C Actuarial Opinion Report Writing
Feb. 1, 2019 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EST | CE available
- Member: $50 (Discount code required.)
- Nonmember: $100
- Government Regulators: Free (Register by email.)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Just in time for opinion writing season, this webinar reviews the key considerations in writing an effective loss reserve opinion report, including a review of the actuary’s responsibilities, NAIC instructions, relevant actuarial standards of practice, and a discussion of how to clearly communicate and document the actuary’s work in each report chapter.
Get valuable tips from experienced presenters on:
- What kind of information and detail are relevant in each chapter and differences in writing the narrative and technical components of the report.
- What kind of data and disclosures to support the report.
- What is included to help the intended readers understand and navigate the report.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITT
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
- John Gleba, MAAA, FCAS, FCA
Member, Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting
Chairperson, Opinion Seminar Subcommittee
- Chuck Emma, MAAA, FCAS
Member, Opinion Seminar Subcommittee
- Kathy Odomirok, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Committee on Property and Liability Financial Reporting