Life Post-NAIC Update - Summer 2018
Life Post-NAIC Update—Summer 2018
Aug. 24, 2018 | 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EDT | CE available
- Member: $160 (Discount code required.)
- Nonmember: $200
- Government Regulators and Academy volunteers: Free (Register by email)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Learn about the key life insurance issues discussed at the NAIC Summer 2018 National Meeting on our Life Post-NAIC Update webinar. Panelists provide an overview of the Life Actuarial (A) Task Force, Life Risk Based Capital (E) Working Group meetings, and others.
- A report on activity regarding principle-based reserving and related considerations for reinsurance;
- Updates on the NAIC’s Variable Annuities Issues Working Group, including proposed changes to reserve and risk-based capital requirements for variable annuities acted on in the weeks leading up to the summer meeting;
- Discussion of possible changes to life risk-based capital, including items related to the changes in the federal tax code as a result of the 2017 tax reform law; and
- Other major topics.
Webinar attendees gain a high-level look at relevant life issues discussed during the meeting that may impact their work.
- Michael Boerner, MAAA, ASA
Member, Life Practice Council
Director, Actuarial Office at the Texas Department of Insurance
- Philip Barlow, MAAA, FSA
Chairperson, Life Risk-Based Capital Working Group
Associate Commissioner for Insurance, District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
- Tom Campbell, MAAA, FSA, CERA
Member, Life Practice Council and Academy Board of Directors
Chairperson, AG 43/C-3 Phase II Work Group
- Dave Neve, MAAA, FSA, CERA
Vice President, Life Practice Council
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITT
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
- For technical questions about registration, please contact WebEx customer support at 866-229-3239 or email@example.com.
- For more information about this webinar, contact the Academy at 202-223-8196.