Life Post-NAIC Update – Summer 2016
Sept. 15, 2016
Noon-1:30 p.m. EDT
During this webinar, the Academy provided an overview of the NAIC Summer 2016 National Meeting. This webinar delivered a helpful look at some of the top life issues discussed at the meeting, including an account of the Life Actuarial (A) Task Force meeting, activity in other groups regarding principle-based reserving and related considerations for reinsurance, and updates on variable annuity and other major topics.
- Tom Campbell, MAAA, CERA, FSA; chairperson, Academy AG 43/C3 Phase II Work Group
- Michael Boerner, MAAA, ASA; director, Actuarial Office at the Texas Department of Insurance
- Sheldon Summers, MAAA, FSA; member, Life Practice Council
- Dave Neve, MAAA, CERA, FSA; chairperson, Academy Life Reserves Work Group
- Members: The registration fee was $160 for Academy members.
- Nonmembers: The registration fee was $200 for nonmembers.
- Regulators and Academy volunteers were invited free of charge.
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that your attendance at this live webinar may constitute an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States depending on your area of practice. Under these Qualification Standards, an hour of continuing education is defined as 50 minutes, and fractions of an hour may be counted.