Slides and audio are now available. To view them, log in to your Academy member account.
The Anatomy of the ASOPs
Oct. 17, 2018 | 12-1:30 p.m. EDT | CE available
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Our fall professionalism webinar examines and dissects the actuarial standards of practice (ASOPs) promulgated by the Actuarial Standards Board (ASB). Our presenters explain the key concepts that keep actuarial practice healthy, appropriate and compliant with the Code of Professional Conduct.
A wide range of topics will be discussed, including:
- The Code and the ASOPs;
- The ASB’s process for developing and revising ASOPs;
- ASOP No. 1 and the rules of the road;
- Key definitions in every ASOP;
- The structure of professional judgment;
- Actuarial communications;
- Disclosure; and
- Deviation and reliance.
- Beth Fitzgerald, MAAA, FCAS
Chairperson, Actuarial Standards Board
- Cande Olsen, MAAA, FSA
Member, Actuarial Standards Board
- Kathleen A. Riley, MAAA, FSA, EA
Vice Chairperson, Actuarial Standards Board
- Paul Kollmer-Dorsey
Academy General Counsel and Director of Professionalism
*The opinions expressed by the panelists during this presentation do not represent the opinions of any of the panelists’ employers or any boards or committees of the Academy or the Actuarial Standards Board.
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live professionalism webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 continuing education (CE) credits for attending this live webinar.
- For technical questions about registration, please contact WebEx customer support at 866-229-3239 or email@example.com.
- For more information about this webinar, contact Doreen Hoyle at 202-223-8196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academy’s professionalism webinars, offered quarterly, are a popular resource for essential information and CE credits for actuaries in all practice areas. They focus on a wide range of topics, including updates on actuarial standards of practice (ASOPs), interpretation and application of the U.S. Qualification Standards, and the Code of Professional Conduct. Members have free access to archived slides and audio from the Academy’s comprehensive series of webinars.