Retiree Benefits Committee
This Committee’s mission is to bring to the public and the United States actuarial profession expertise regarding employer-sponsored group benefit plans, with particular focus on health care benefit plans for retirees. Within the scope of this mission, this committee:
- Serves as a resource to both the Health and Pension Practice Councils
- Provides independent and objective analysis, advice, and education to stakeholders of retiree health plans with respect to:
- Financial Reporting, in conjunction with Pension Accounting Committee
- Managing financial risks
- Plan Design
- Identifies emerging issues and monitors legislative and regulatory proposals affecting group benefit plans.
- Coordinates with other Academy committees where appropriate on issues with overlapping interests.
- Develops practice notes for the membership.
- Comments on actuarial standards of practice related to retiree health plans.
Chairperson: Jim Whelpley
Kwan- Ji Jeannie Chen