Multiemployer Plans Committee
The committee's purpose is to bring to the public and the United States actuarial profession expertise regarding multiemployer pension plans. Within the scope of this mission, the committee:
- Provides independent and objective analysis, advice, and education to stakeholders (such as legislators, contributing employers, trustees) of multiemployer plans with respect to:
- Financial reporting, in conjunction with Pension Accounting Committee
- Managing financial risks
- Plan design
- Maintains contact with federal and state regulatory agencies to offer advice and seek action on current issues.
- Develops practice notes for the membership.
- Comments on actuarial standards of practice related to multiemployer plans.
Staff liaison: Philip Maguire
Chairperson: Christian Benjaminson
Vice Chairperson: Joe Hicks