Insights Into the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Multiemployer Plan Special Financial Assistance (SFA) Application Process
Jan. 31, 2023 | Noon to 1:30 p.m. EST | USQS CE and JBEA CPE Available
- Members: $50
- Nonmembers: $100
- Group Registration for Academy Members: $250 (read the policy)
- Complimentary registration is available to the following groups. Contact email@example.com to receive a discount code to register.
- Government regulators
- Academy volunteers who meet both the below conditions:
- “active” members of an Academy committee, board, subcommittee, task force, or work group; and
- qualified for either a partial or total dues waiver during 2023.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar will cover lessons learned from actual multiemployer plan SFA applications to date, to provide helpful information, especially for those practitioners who will be completing SFA applications for upcoming priority group plans, and those without priority. You will hear from the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) a discussion of what's new, as well as their standards of review for assumption changes. The webinar will include approaches to filing an application and how certain assumptions may be handled.
- Susan L. Boyle, MAAA, FSA, FCA, EA
Vice Chairperson, Pension Practice Council
Member, Multiemployer Plans Committee
- James J. Donofrio, MAAA, FSA, EA
Member, Multiemployer Plans Committee
- Joseph F. Hicks Jr., MAAA, FCA, EA
Chairperson, Multiemployer Plans Committee
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that attendance at this live webinar constitutes an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States, and that attendees may earn up to 1.8 CE credits for attending this live webinar.
We also believe in good faith that Enrolled Actuaries may earn up to 1.8 continuing professional education (CPE) core credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this live webinar. However, the JBEA ultimately determines what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics continuing education and the number of CPE credit hours allocated to same for Enrolled Actuaries.
Please note recent updates to the process for requesting a Certificate of Attendance that were requested by the JBEA. Make sure to review these changes carefully to ensure you are eligible to request and receive your Certificate of Attendance for any Academy webinar.
- All EAs who want to receive a Certificate of Attendance must be registered either as an individual attendee or listed as part of a group registration and must submit their request within two business days of the event. You are still required to attest to your actual attendance for the full webinar in order to receive full JBEA credit.
GROUP REGISTRATION POLICY
While many people are working remotely, the Academy is offering group registrations to employers of our members. Please read our group registration policy carefully.
The lead registrant must be an Academy member. You will receive one computer connection (link) to the webinar that will allow you to broadcast the live event to your remote attendees, who must be members of the same company, using a platform (Zoom, WebEx etc.) of your company’s choosing. Audio is streamed via the web.
Within one business day after the webinar, the lead registrant is responsible for submitting a list of attendees, using this template created for the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit this list will result in you no longer being able to register your group for future webinars.
For webinars offering CPE: Please note that any Enrolled Actuaries who plan to request and receive an individual JBEA CPE Certificate of Attendance must have their names on this list. The group registration template also includes a statement for the lead registrant to use to verify attendance for those names on the list. This was requested by the JBEA in order to verify attendance for those requesting certificates. We will be unable to verify your attendance, as requested by the JBEA, if your name is not on this list. You must attend the entire webinar in order to receive full JBEA credit.
* The Academy does not take responsibility for ensuring the live webinar can be seen and heard through the registrant’s broadcasting platform. Group registration fees for the live webinar do not include access to the archive recording, except for Academy members who may access an archive of all Academy webinars in the members-only section of the Academy’s website.
QUESTIONS: For information about this webinar, contact email@example.com.