Member Dues and Support Forms
- 2020 Regular Dues: $695
- 2020 Government Dues: $350
- 2020 Partial Dues Waiver: $140
- 2020 Full Dues Waiver: $0
* Membership dues are due January 1st every year. For the 2020 membership dues, there is a 20% late fee for payments received after May 1, 2020. Failure to pay annual membership dues will result in an Academy member being dropped as a member of the Academy, and your inability to use the M.A.A.A. designation thereafter.
Membership dues are not tax deductible as charitable contributions. However, they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. The percentage of your 2020 dues that represents nondeductible lobbying costs is 1%.
Continued membership in the Academy includes a responsibility and willingness to comply with the Code of Professional Conduct, the U.S. Qualification Standards, and the U.S. actuarial standards of practice.
How to Pay Your Membership Dues
- Online: The Academy’s online process provides several fast, user-friendly options for paying dues. Just go to www.actuary.org/content/member-login and follow the instructions to log in and pay online
- By fax: Log in and follow the instructions to print out a copy of the invoice that you can fax with your dues payment.
- By mail: If you prefer to send the dues by mail, send the invoice and your payment to American Academy of Actuaries, Attn: Membership Department, 1850 M Street N.W., Suite 300, Washington, DC 20036.
- Multiple membership dues payment
Partial and Full Dues Waiver Information/Forms
- Partial and full dues waiver information
- Application for partial dues waiver
- Application for full dues waiver
Other Member Resources
Verify Your Academy Membership for the Medicare Retiree Drug Subsidy Program
Medicare’s prescription drug program includes a subsidy for retiree drug plans whose benefits are actuarially equivalent to Medicare Part D benefits. Go to http://www.actuary.org/content/retiree-drug-subsidy-program. Because the law requires that an actuary be a member of the Academy to make one of these actuarial attestations, the Academy worked with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to launch a simple online process that actuaries could use to send their Academy membership numbers and other membership information to the Medicare program. If you do not know your Academy membership number, or if you need help verifying your membership, please contact the Academy's Membership Department (membership@actuary. org; 202-223-8196).
Manage Your member Profile and Preferences
To update your member profile and preferences, you will have log in using your user name and password. All the links below go to the member log-in page.
Review or update your Academy member profile and Actuarial Directory listing. (If you belong to the SOA, you can update your SOA member information at the same time.)
Change the Address in Your Membership Record
Academy members may use one of several methods to change their address, phone number, e-mail address, and similar information in their membership record. It’s best to inform the Academy in a timely manner, so that issues of Contingencies and the Actuarial Update, or new ASB exposure drafts and other useful resources, don’t get left behind.
- Online — The quickest way to change your membership listing is to log into the members-only section of the Academy website with your user name and password and follow instructions for updating your member profile and Academy preferences. You will also be able to update your listing in the Actuarial Directory. ® E-mail — Send an e-mail with the requested changes to the Academy's Membership Department (membership@actuary. org).
- U.S. mail — Send a letter with the requested changes, being sure to include a phone number and/or e-mail address so the Academy can contact you quickly if necessary. The letter should be addressed to: American Academy of Actuaries, Attn: Membership Department, 1850 M Street N.W., Suite 300, Washington, D.C. 20036.
If you need assistance, please contact the Academy's Membership Department (email@example.com, 202.223.8196).