The committee's mission is to bring to the public and the United States actuarial profession expertise regarding public and private retirement plans. Within the scope of this mission, the committee:
- Provides independent and objective analysis, advice, and education to stakeholders of public and private retirement plans with respect to:
- Financial reporting, in conjunction with Pension Accounting Committee
- Managing financial risks
- Plan design
- Actively consults with public policymakers about the effects of legislation and regulations on retirement benefits.
- Identifies emerging issues affecting retirement benefit plans.
- Comments on pending retirement legislation and regulations.
- Coordinates with other Academy committees where appropriate on issues with overlapping interests.
- Develops practice notes for the membership.
- Comments on actuarial standards of practice related to public and private plans.
Staff liaison: Monica Konate´
Chairperson: Bruce Cadenhead
Vice Chairperson: Elena Black
A. Donald Morgan