November 5-6, 2020
“The foremost actuarial meeting on public policy.” – 2019 Attendee
2020 will be a historic year–from the impact of COVID-19 to the November elections, and our first virtual Annual Meeting.
Thursday and Friday, Nov. 5–6, will bring you the opportunity to understand what the events of this year mean from a short-term and a long-term perspective.
Register for the Academy’s Virtual Annual Meeting and Public Policy Forum. Experience the actuarial profession’s best forum for information and discussions of the most significant public policy and professionalism issues that matter to actuaries and policymakers across all practice areas, all in a format that’s easy, safe, and now exceptionally cost effective.
If you haven’t attended our Annual Meeting before, this is definitely the year to do so. If you have attended before, you can be sure we will deliver the same high-quality content and engagement you know we provide. We’re making it even easier for you to attend by lowering registration fees by 50% off the original published rates for this year’s meeting. Group registration will also be available.
ON THE AGENDA
- Day 1, just two days after Election Day, will lead off with insights from Charlie Cook of the Cook Political Report, the source of the best known independent and non-partisan analysis for elections and campaigns. He will tell us how the results and trends Election Day reveals for the House, the Senate, Governors, and the Presidency came together.
- Day 2 will lead off with remarks from Michael Beschloss, noted presidential historian and author of eight books that provide historical expertise and insights on leadership and business. He will help us understand the meaning of the results and trends Election Day reveals against the backdrop of the American presidency.
- Both days will include practice-specific breakout sessions, with our signature sessions that offer depth and expertise not easily found elsewhere.
- Plenary sessions that provide perspective on cross practice issues and concerns about top public policy and professionalism issues.
- Recognition of the Academy’s 2020 award recipients, including the prestigious Jarvis Farley Service and Robert J. Myers Public Service Awards, and Outstanding Volunteerism Awards for exceptional volunteer contributions to the Academy during the past year.
- A chance to earn valuable continuing education (CE) credits, including professionalism CE credit.
NOT A MEMBER OF THE ACADEMY?
Registration is open to members and nonmembers alike, but Academy members receive discounts on their registration fee. If you are an actuary but not a member of the Academy, consider joining today. Not only will you receive discounted registration rates, you will also benefit from the Academy’s full resources, including ongoing professional development opportunities, exclusive access to webinars, and engaging content from our publications.