Opportunities to Learn
- Join us on April 11 to learn more about the recently released minimum value (MV) calculator—an important component of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) implementation. The Academy will hold this free webinar with representatives from the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, who will provide a brief demonstration of the calculator and answer member-submitted questions about the MV calculator. Attendees are encouraged to submit questions by April 9.
- Save the date, April 23, for the next Post-NAIC Update/PBA Webinar. Presenters will give updates on the activities of the NAIC’s Life Actuarial Task Force, PBR Implementation (EX) Task Force, Joint Qualified Actuary (A/B/C) Subgroup, and the Emerging Actuarial Issues (E) Working Group.
- It’s not too early to register for the 2013 Life and Health Qualifications Seminar, Nov. 11-14, 2013. Seats are limited and fill up quickly so don’t delay! This seminar is the primary source of instruction for actuaries seeking qualification to issue actuarial opinions for either the NAIC Life and A&H Annual Statement or the NAIC Health Annual Statement but who may not have met the specific knowledge requirements set forth in the U.S. Qualification Standards.
- The Council on Professionalism presented a comprehensive webinar on risk evaluation and risk treatment in enterprise risk management (ERM). Presenters covered two newly adopted actuarial standards of practices (ASOP Nos. 46 and 47) relating to ERM and discussed why ERM standards are needed and how actuaries should comply with them. Nearly 750 registered sites dialed in to the webinar. Log in to download the presentation slides.
New Public Policy Activities
- The Separate Account Products Work Group commented on the December 2012 document, “Review of Non-Variable, Insulated Products/Product Characteristics with Proposed Recommendations,” that was exposed on January 9 by the NAIC Separate Account Risk (E) Working Group.
- March Actuarial Update: Read about the Academy’s recent work on PBR implementation, an issue brief on raising the retirement age, webinars, and upcoming events.
Note: Some links in this email go to external websites and may require registration. The Academy is not responsible for the content of these websites. Links may expire.