Life Products Committee Update: What You Need to Know About Life and Annuity Activities
Jan. 20, 2010
Noon - 1:30 p.m. Eastern
This live webinar gave an overview of the work of the Academy's Life Products Committee on life and annuity public policy issues. Subcommittee chairs led the discussion in this informational 90-minute webinar.
Here's a look at what the panel covered:
- Progress on a paper for legislators on government mandates and their effect on life insurance and annuities
- Recommendations to the NAIC on changes to the NAIC Annuity Disclosure Model, including annuity illustration guidelines
- Development of Academy's consumer guide to life settlements
- Nonforfeiture compliance in a dynamic life and annuity marketplace and considerations involved in potential reform of nonforfeiture laws
- Cande Olsen—Chairperson, Life Products Committee
- Linda Rodway—Chairperson, Annuity Illustration Work Group
- Linda Lankowski—Chairperson, Life Settlements Work Group
- John MacBain—Chairperson, Nonforfeiture Improvement Work Group
The American Academy of Actuaries believes in good faith that your attendance at this live webinar entitled, "Life Products Committee Update: What You Need to Know About Life and Annuity Activities," may constitute relevant continuing education and an organized activity as defined under the current Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States depending upon your area of practice. Under the U.S. Qualification Standards, an hour of continuing education is defined as 50 minutes, and fractions of an hour may be counted.