November 5-6, 2019 | Capital Hilton, Washington, D.C.
Join us in November for the Academy’s 2019 Annual Meeting and Public Policy Forum. This unique event delivers the latest information on key public policy and professionalism issues relevant to all actuarial practice areas. It has received consistent accolades from past attendees, and offers intensive learning opportunities for all those interested in how actuaries can and do affect the development of public policy in the U.S.
During the event, you will have:
- A keynote address by political satirist and commentator P.J. O’Rourke, who will kick off the meeting on Nov. 5.
- An examination of the challenges that women face in achieving a secure retirement during a plenary session featuring remarks by Jean Chatzky, an award-winning personal finance journalist and founder and CEO of HerMoney;
- Plenary remarks from Pa. Insurance Commissioner Jessica Altman, who will share her perspective on proposals to reform and improve the nation’s health care system;
- Unique opportunities to discuss critical issues directly with policymakers, actuaries from all practice areas, and Academy leaders.
- Plenary sessions and practice-specific breakouts that will deliver up-to-the-minute information about top public policy and professionalism issues.
- Networking opportunities so you can meet fellow members and Academy leadership.
- Continuing education credits.
“Consistently high quality and different from other groups' meetings.” – 2018 Attendee
Non-Actuary: Research, Association, Government Rates
Special rates are available to those who are employed by research institutions, associations, government, or other entities, and who are not credentialed actuaries.
To register at this rate, please call Jen Adach on 202-785-7864.